THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

we all feel it

so yesterday was not such a great day. everyone in the household was a little.....
grumpy!

i was cleaning a house and trying to do the homeschool thing at the same time. usually this goes alright. not yesterday. one of my children did not want to do their work. on top of that, i'm trying to clean a house so my full attention was not on that child.

i won't lie, the thought "i am so failing at this homeschool thing!" went through my mind several times.

my daughter is sick - she has double ear infections and "a touch of bronchitis". i also admit last night i just let the officer take care of her (even though he had to go to work today- thanks honey). the previous two nights i slept with her - coughing in my face.

by the grace of God though, no one else has gotten sick and she is on the upswing of it.

i am tackling our game/puzzle/craft/coat/video camera/bunch of other stuff i had no idea was in there closet. do you have one of those? i can't believe how much was in there. yes, i stopped in the middle of what i was doing to write this post. needed a quick break.

anyhow, if you've been feeling the funk lately - you are not alone. i'm in it too. this morning i read mrs. troop, and apparently she's in it too. her blog is always a source of real-ness and encouragement for me.

Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

2 comments:

Disney's World said...

I hear you LOUD and clear. Tuesday was a rough day...and so I have decided that Wednesdays are "project" days. Yesterday we did some cleaning, cooking with the easy~bake, reading fun books as a family and lots of playing. I guess all of that could still be considered as "school"...but with a new, more relaxed approach.

Shirley said...

I am currently living in Funkville, too! It hasn't been very fun, and I'm not sure how to snap out of it. I've been feeling the same way about failing at homeschooling, too. Isn't that just like the enemy?? To make us feel inadequate and insecure...

Hugs to you my friend and I am so glad that your sweetie is on the mend!!